Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Death

Just like anything else, death comes and goes unnoticed. A week or so ago, one of my grandma's brothers died. It was weird hearing it, it seemed just like yesterday we were all gathered in my great grandma's house all smiling and laughing, oh yeah she recently passed away too, can't really ask for more than 100+ years. Anyway, its times like these that make you feel the reality of death. Death, it hits you in the face like.. well nothing can hit you in the face as hard as death i guess.

Back when I was younger, not that I'm hella old now, I always thought that I would be ready for death no matter when it came. But as I grow up more, I guess I really don't know anymore. Recently I read two passages about it, and it makes you wonder.. if you could choose how to die, how would you want it? I guess if it were me it'd definitely be protecting my most important person, I wouldn't mind dying for that, or just saving someone, or fighting for a cause. Dying with honor is my greatest dream I guess. I mean what else could a man ask for in his life? But I guess the greatest wish of any dying person would be that he would be remembered, that he had been able to touch people's lives, that people would keep him alive in their hearts, never letting his existence fade away. I remember, at one point, I was thinking.. maybe if I planned to die someday, I'd do it that everyone was mad at me, that they would forget me, like I never existed. I always thought that was the best scenario for death, no one would cry, be affected. One of the few things that make people regret dying is the sorrow it causes the people who care for him isn't it? But of course thinking about it more carefully now, that thought wouldn't make sense

I guess when I die, I wish to be buried on a hill top, or somewhere overlooking a view of a sunset. a dramatic grand view of the setting sun on a simple gravestone. I guess that'd be perfect. Anyway as my philosophy professor always said, man has to die a beautiful death. NEVER ever let death dictate how you go, plan your death and make it a beautiful ending. I wouldn't want to die of old age, or to die of some random sickness and of course of an accident. I guess I would just really want to go in my own way.

Anyway this is just my take on death.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)