Sunday, July 30, 2006

OMGWTFHORSEYBIRD 9th

Holy shit for the 2nd time, this time i was playing in a group of 162 people. All for the glory of trying to qualify for the nationals this coming August 19-20. I don't know how many people will end up reading this tourney report but hey i might as well.

Legend:
Beach house
*see previous post

Fungus Fire
basically this deck is R/G/W and has quite a good mana acceleration plan, it kills pretty fast using godo, the bandit lord and fetching an umezawa's jitte or a tatsumasa. It also packs alot of life gain spells such as lighting helixes and loxodon heirarchs.

U/G/W aggro
*see previous post, this was the same kid, the one who played Grand Arbiter Agustine VI

Sizzetron
This deck basically plays control, it uses the urza lands for great mana production and uses big beatdown creatures like Simic, Sky Swallower and spells like Demon Fire for the kill.

RG beats
Basically traditional RG beats, burning tree shaman, dryad sophisticates, moldervine cloaks and the likes.

Azorious Control Aggro
this deck was very unique i never really saw what it had in the main board but posst board this deck packs azorious guildmages and keigas. it also has a number of counters.

White Weenie
Isamaru, Savannah lions, Glorious Anthems, Devouring light and the likes.

Selesnya/ enduring Ideal
This deck struck me weird, having Heirarchs and Yosei's for beats and uses an Enduring ideal side combo.

Now for my deck
HeartbeatSSS

Mainboard is same as it was in the previous post*

SideBoard
3 Carven Caryatid
2 Simic Sky Swallower
3 Giant Solifuge
1 Crime / Punishment
1 Boomerang
4 Vinelasher Kudzu
1 Meloku, The Clouded Mirror

Round 1 vs Brian Lim BeachHouse
Game 1
i get a god draw, turn 5 rips heartbeat combo, Maga for the win.
Win
Game 2
I side in the manplan, and have an early giant solifuge that beat him to 12, then he was able to recover with loxodon heirarchs, but i was able to counter that playing 2 Simic Sky Swallowers which gave me the edge i needed to beat him down.
Win
Current Standing: 1-0-0

Round 2 vs Von Carriga Fungus Fire
Game 1
He gets to have godo with a jitte swinging at me once, leaving me with 10 life, then i rip the combo, maga for the win.
Win
Game 2
he drops down 2 heirarchs and a helix having him at 31 life, and beats me down, was not able to draw any accel.
Loss
Game 3
he gets me to mulligan to 5, and i dont get my combo pieces, he was again able to drop down those heirarchs leaving me with nothing but death.
Loss
Current Standing: 1-1-0

Round 3 vs Brian Uy U/G/W aggro
Game 1
He gets to 32 life with 6 jitte counters. I rip Maga for hell.
Win
Game 2
This I lost due to a miscalculation of moves.
Loss
Game 3
No time left for this game to happen.
Draw
Current Standing: 1-1-1

Round 4 vs Emerson Noblefranca Sizzettron
Game 1
I ripped after he tapped out casting a Simic, Sky Swallower. again Maga For the Win.
Win
Game 2
I played the man plan, and had an early Kudzu, It went all the way after I countered his Repeal with muddle the Mixture. the Kidzu was i think 7/7 and beat him to death.
Win
Current Standing: 2-1-1

Round 5 vs Neil Egalla R/G beats
Game 1
I went down to six, luckily this guy did not have faith in Burn Spells. I ripped the combo on him. Maga FTW.
Win
Game 2
I lost to an early beating by burning tree Shamans and family.
Loss
Game 3
He again dropped me to 6 life, I was able to play my combo with the cards I had at my hand and won then.
Win
Current Standing: 3-1-1

Round 6 vs Benjamin Tagayuna Azorious Aggro Control
Game 1
We played a stalling game me thinking he had counters the whole time. I dropped the combo on him with us both having 20 life. He didnt have counters giving me the Maga win.
Win
Game 2
I played a half baked manplan. He played an azorious guildmage, then out tapped for a keiga after I played vinelasher kudzu twice coz of remands and had it condemned. Then played a Giant Solifuge to which he dealt with with keiga. Unfortunately the turn he played keiga down and was at 16 life, I ripped my combo. Maga FTW.
Win
Current Standing: 4-1-1

Round 7 vs Jonathan Samaniego White Weenie
Game 1
he attacked me with a hand of honor twice, first alone then the second time with jitte. giving him 2 jitte counters. I ripped the combo then and left his 24 life cold. Maga for the win.
Win
Game 2
he had a god draw even after drawing one less. he casted an Isamaru followed by 2 Savannah Lions and then a glorious anthem killing me in a matter of 4 turns.
Loss
Game 3
I had switched to a half baked manplan, and was able to play a Simic Sky Swallower for the beat down. I did play a well timed Savage twister dealing with his little 2/2 friends.
Win
Current Standing 5-1-1

Round 8 vs Lorenz Cortezo Selesnya/ Enduring Ideal
*I accidentaly spat in his face before the round, like a drop of saliva hit him in the face. Probably ticked him off especially when I gloriously declined his offer to just give him the match haha FAT CHANCE!!*
Game 1
He was up 3 when I ripped the combo on him. Maga was able to do the trick just fine.
Win
Game 2
He had 2 heirarchs getting him upto 28 life. It was a tough one. and when I pulled the maga in he was left with 6 life, he was however able to confiscate the damned thing and I lost to a 22/22 monster of a maga.
Loss
Game 3
He was at 28 and I simply ripped the combo at him, he wasnt able to respond and I get to win this one.
Win
Current Standing: 6-1-1

OverAll: I played a good tournament and won alot. I ended up at 9th out of 162 players. I guess my ratings are going up but still not to qualilfy despite being so damned close to doing so crushes me. Oh yeah I promised myself one thing here. Before rounds 7 and 8 I prayed and said I definitely will stop being an atheist if I win both rounds so i guess I will have to live up to that. Atheist no more. But hell that dude up there has a way of getting to me, getting me at 9th damn it. He really is a pretty shrewd guy. Anyway that was another edition of Heartbeatsss at the qualifiers. Thanks for reading =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)